” 9am – 5pm job fills your pocket, but passion job fills your soul “
You must have seen a lot many people are running after so called white collar jobs like Govt. job , engineering , medical etc.;and only a handful of people really get to settle for what they really want from life . Offbeat jobs are getting attention.
Passion is something which pulls you like anything and if you don’t have passion in what you are doing , then it’s a waste. So, here we bring some of the world’s offbeat jobs that is making quite huge amount of money .
SO , PRESENTING TO YOU WORLD’S GROWING OFFBEAT JOBS CREATING HUGE MONEY !!!
1. CHOCOLATE TESTER
Are you the one who tries out every new chocolate brand or just mad about collections?? If yes , then here’s a perfect job for you ! One of the most lovable offbeat jobs .
WORK – You gotta taste different samples of chocolate pieces on a daily basis and record four basic tastes – sweet , sour , bitter , salty and give reviews regarding its color, aromas , flavors and quality; also giving ratings to the brands .
SKILL – Ability to differentiate the tastes : sweetness , bitterness , saltiness and sourness + describing them in a detailed manner.
– Ability to judge the quality of chocolate.
– Ability to judge the aroma and ingredients contained .
– Honest , objective feedback + strong communication skills
PAY – $24,000 – $70,000
2. AYURVEDA HEALER
With increasing changes in lifestyle and the consequent related stress , more and more people are switching over to alternative health treatment. Almost 4 out of 10 people in US are using them. Thus, with each passing year , a satisfying career in AYURVEDA looks brighter.
WORK- Ayurvedic examination includes 3 stages :
1. OBSERVATION , wherein the practitioner observes movements,, body contour, skin and body color, nose shape, lip, hair, nail quality and evaluates general health.
2. TOUCH , wherein practitioner employs touch like palpation (pressing parts of the body) ausculation (listening for sounds from internal organs), percussion and special focus is given on patient’s pulse, tongue, nails and speech.
3. QUESTIONING , wherein patient is asked about complaints , symptoms , duration of discomfort and inquired about mental, psychological conditions .
SKILL – No formal educational qualification required but 1-2 years of training. – Good communication skills – Confidence so as to transfer the same into the patient – Ability to understand other’s problems – Ability to overcome one’s and other’s physical awkwardness
PAY – A median salary of $ 74,530
3. PROFESSIONAL BRIDESMAID
Now-a-days , with increasing living standards , people are able and willing to throw lavish wedding parties, wedding industry is booming. And how can you forget the queen of the day who’s needs and to-do-list just an hour before the wedding seems to be endless. You can be her guide, helper, attend parties and earn huge money.
WORK – A professional bridesmaid helps organize a bride’s ‘wedding day’ itinerary, advising on personal wedding planning choices( ideas on themes, colors of outfit ), helping with bridesmaid outfit shopping, being there with the bride on her big day so as to solve her last minute drama. Lol.
SKILL – Good inter-personal skills .
– Present your opinions without any hesitation .
– Ability to make spontaneous decisions in case of any last minute wedding things.
– Ability to plan, organize events and managing people with different needs .
– Most importantly, loving your job.
PAY – $100 – $1000 per day with increasing goodwill and experience.
4. PET FOOD TASTER/ TESTER
You might think it to be a wacky task or more than that is it necessary to taste pet food ? Yup!, pets are too choosy while eating as we are. Thus , one of the growing offbeat jobs .
WORK –Pet food testing is a combo of both research and tasting. The job is to open the sample tins of pet foods , critically appraises smell. After putting it in mouth , he/she tastes and evaluates flavor, texture, consistency and spit it out . Based on its nutritional value , writes a report and suggest ways to enhance pet foods.
SKILL –No special skill is required ,but one should have ability to pay attention to minutest details and describe texture, flavor, consistency.
– Ability to give honest feedbacks to enhance nutritional value.
– Most importantly,able to put food in mouth, chew for a certain period of time without any problem.
– Ability to love your job, shouldn’t feel ashamed of it. Not worth feeling ashamed though.
PAY- $34,000 – $100,000 annually
5. TATTOO ARTIST
Tattoos which used to be a taboo , is now getting a lot of popularity and has an increasing demand. Creativity can be put out in any form , so why not tattoo. If you are creative enough to use someone else’s body as a canvas , then may be it’s your call.
WORK – You can work as a freelancer or can collaborate within various events to showcase your creative potential and earn money.
SKILL – Since , your canvas is someone else’s body , there’s no scope for any mistake .
– Knowledge about the hygiene factors associated with tattoo making.
-Paying attention to the minutest technicalities + Ability to work efficiently with tattoo machine.
– Creative ideas related to tattoo designs.
PAY – $32,000 per year for an average artist
6. VIDEO GAME TESTER
Remember your childhood playing video games all day and thinking of possible features of new games in your fantasy ? But, lost it due to constant pressure from academics.Then, this might be your call. YES ! why not?
WORK – A game tester has to play and navigate all the menus in all stages of games with all modes like beginner , intermediate and advanced with each character in case of multi player game and playing with all sort of obstructions just like an average player would do , before the release of final versions of the game. They then point out the bugs in it , write reports about problems in the game. Submit this information to programmers and test again the newer version .
SKILL – Analytical thinking is a must for any IT job.
– Ability to tolerate long working hours in front of screens doing repetitive and tedious tasks.
– Ability to pay attention to catch minutest bugs by merely observing + Trouble shooting skills.
– Ability to work with a team of professionals , tolerance is a must skill.
– Good oral and written skills to write test cases and reports.
PAY – An average tester earns $18,000- $ 55,000 annually
7. PROFESSIONAL MOURNER
With this fast pacing world , where even the deceased outlives family or doesn’t have any , the role of professional mourners come into play.
WORK – A representative of deceased informs about deceased’s background , achievements , failures so that they know him socially / professionally and converse with other mourners with confidence since only immediate family is aware of their presence.
SKILL – Confidence in social settings ( meeting strangers who’re emotional)
-Good conversationalist i.e ability to engage with others too .
-Good time keeping + good memory
PAY – £30-50 / day
These are just not the only offbeat jobs around the world , but one of the most growing new offbeat jobs in the market creating a huge money . Realize your potential and follow your passion. Also read : Blogging as a career option
Comment on the section below on what you want to read next. Keep updated with all new posts by selecting NOTIFY ME OF NEW POSTS BY EMAIL OPTION.
ALSO READ : HOW TO CRACK YOUR NEXT INTERVIEW